The following subpages are aimed at providing relevant information for the supporting sports most played within physical education at secondary schools.
- These subpages will provide general information, rules, correct techniques, coaching, strategies, laws, skills and drills and the practical examination support materials for each associated sport.
- At any stage when a physical education teacher, student, or anyone for that matter is unsure of something associated with any of the supporting sports they will be able to find it here.
- Each subpage for the supporting sports also contains an attachment which supports teachers and students in preparation for the physical education studies exam.
The purpose of these materials is to support teachers and candidates in preparation for the Physical Education Studies practical examination.
“The support materials for the listed sports have been trialled and reviewed by teachers and experts in the listed sports.
For each of the listed sports the revised support materials include:
1. Skill set with observation points
2. Static and dynamic drills
3. Tactical framework” (Curriculum Council, 2010)